20050717

LIaDVp.31: Not much to say really

October 16, 2005, cont.

During the gap in daily entries, Casey was visiting for four days. We had the best time. She hung out in the lodge with me during work. We ate in the dining room twice, and in the Great Hall for appetizers and drinks. Really good wild mushroom Bruschetta. We slept late. My boss Lindsay, a leathery, overmakeuped, but still hot 43-year-old, bought us all dinner and a few rooms at Prospect Bed and Breakfast. Casey and I spent the day in Ashland, then drove to get pizza at my second favorite eatery in S. Oregon. Then we met up with the hotel staff at the B&B and drank a bunch of wine. The heavy drinking got heavy at the Trophy Room. We took over the place, edging out the locals for once. I ordered round after round of shots. Played shuffleboard, watched pool, pumped dollars into the jukebox. Took about a hundred pictures. Several other Xanterrites showed up later in the night and the party hit fever pitch. Tom, Casey and I drove in Tom's minivan with our drinks in hand to the nearest payphone and randomly called my old restaurant in Tucson trying to reach Jarrod. We miraculously caught him as they were closing and caught up over the phone for about 20 minutes. ("So, just give me a list of all the servers you've slept with since you've been single.") We left empty glasses at the phone and wandered back to the bar. Dana was there and looked beautiful as usual. Todd, like the asshole he is, shut himself in one of our rooms to have dirty drunken sex with his girlfriend. The room was meant for about six people. Lindsay offered Greg a key to her room. She was shitfaced and coming on to all of her green-vested men. Casey and I, unfortunately didn't have a room because of Todd. We miraculously drove back to my dorm and both puked in the toilet before passing out. I slept though lunch till about 1:00, and slammed two beers, one on the drive to work, just for good measure. I felt okay until after dinner, when I had to sneak down to housekeeping to recover for 20 minutes. Greg was pretty understanding and covered the front desk.Fitting send off party I guess.

October 18, 2004

Last day at Crater Lake. I ate my last meal at the EDR. Checked out my last guest. Took a last walk through the vacant lodge after all of the employees cleaned it up and shut it down. I have tons to do right now, but I have to get something down before I head out of here. Not much to say really. I finally got that snow I was wanting so badly, in the form of a three-day blizzard. Roads snowed and iced over. More than a foot on the ground. Barely any visibility. I'm packing up my room, checking out with HR and driving back to Portland tomorrow with Greg. He's going to stay with us for a few days before flying to Prague. I'm happy to head home, but I'll obviously miss this place. Weird feeling, just like that first night. Just weird. Not much to say really. It's over.

No comments: